Before making a booking we ask that you read our How to Book page and understand our Terms and Conditions outlined below.
You acknowledge that you are choosing to travel at a time where you may be exposed to the COVID-19 virus. You also acknowledge that you must comply with all advice and guidance issued by relevant health authorities. We take all reasonable steps to ensure your safety and may require you to follow additional safety protocols on your trip. We use information from government foreign departments and reports from local suppliers in assessing how your itinerary should operate. However, it is your responsibility to acquaint yourself with all relevant travel information, including applicable health risks, and the nature of your itinerary.
You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such travel. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability in relation to these additional risks. In the event that you do feel unwell whilst abroad, we ask that you comply with instructions given by the health authorities. We advise that before booking, you check any travel restrictions that may be in place for your chosen destination and upon return to your home country. To assist you we have created a page of Travel Advice Links to which you should refer.
Government policies relating to Covid-19 mean that changes in travel and border regulations can occur worldwide and at any moment. For example: changes in quarantine requirements or the requirement to prove a negative Covid-19 test either before or after departure cannot be ruled out. We are legally obliged to offer a refund or alternative travel arrangements in the event that we have to make a significant change to a trip or are obliged to cancel it. The situations above generally will not constitute us being so constrained. If you choose to cancel, cancellation charges will be payable as detailed below in our Terms and Conditions.
From 6 December, 2021 any bookings which Tracks and Trails is forced to cancel due to Covid-19 regulations will be subject to an administration fee of £60. This administration fee of £60 will be voluntary on your part and helps us cover a small percentage of our losses in terms of the administration time spent on your booking. We are not the only travel company taking this step, but we believe we are the only company asking for a voluntary payment. This fee is only suggested for trips that have already been 'guaranteed'. If your trip does not reach the minimum numbers required to be 'guaranteed', then you will be fully refunded.
As well as insurance for medical cover, we recommend that you have appropriate travel insurance so that if you fall ill and test positive for COVID-19 prior to (or during) your trip, you will be financially covered for cancelling or curtailing your trip. You should also book a policy that covers you if you have to cancel or curtail your holiday because you have to self-isolate prior to departure. Covid-19 insurance is now widely available. You can find information on insurance here.
If at any time during the trip you display symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature, persistent cough, difficulty in breathing, sore throat, loss of sense of smell or taste) you will be asked to seek medical advice and take appropriate action.
1. Booking: Our minimum age on a Tracks and Trails trip (excluding a Family Adventure or a Private Group) is 18 years old at the time of travel. Anyone under the age of 18 years old at the time of travel must be accompanied by an adult and subject to the written consent of their parent or legal guardian.
2. Booking Conditions: By booking with Tracks and Trails Ltd you accept to be bound by the terms and conditions outlined herein. Where one person makes a booking on behalf of a group of individuals all participants within the group agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Legal Jurisdiction: All terms and conditions between clients and Tracks and Trails Ltd are to be governed by and held under the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
4. Contractual Responsibility: All booking arrangements are made with Tracks and Trails Ltd, which is a Private Limited Company registered in England with Companies House under the Registration Number of 7596893. Our VAT registration number is 440 6503 23.
5. Deposit: Your booking must be accompanied by a deposit per person, the amount of which is indicated on the Booking Form. If you have chosen to make payment by bank transfer, to avoid charges, then this must be sent to us from a UK based bank account. If booking within 56 days (8 weeks) of the date on which the trip starts full payment will be requested. Deposits are non-refundable if you choose to cancel. When Tracks and Trails Ltd has received your initial payment your booking is accepted. You will be sent a booking confirmation receipt together with further information regarding the trip you have booked.
6. Balance of Payment: Balance payments are due 56 days (8 weeks) prior to the trip start date. If full payment is not received by this date Tracks and Trails Ltd reserves the right to cancel your booking without any refund of the trip deposit. If you have chosen to make payment by bank transfer, to avoid charges, then this must be sent to us from a UK based bank account.
7. Security of Pre-Payments: In accordance with the UK Package Travel & Linked Travel Regulations 2018, Directive (EU) 2015/2302 or the local applicable law in the country of residence of the passenger(s) booking with Tracks & Trails Ltd are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all monies received by us, including repatriation costs and arrangements, arising from cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of Tracks & Trails Ltd. The respective laws accordingly to the country of residence of the passenger(s) usually only requires us to provide cover for Package & Linked Travel Arrangements, there is no requirement for Financial Protection of day trips or single elements, and none is provided unless the local law requires such. If you have questions on this then please contact Tracks & Trails Ltd. Tracks & Trails Ltd has taken out an insurance provided by International Passenger Protection Ltd (IPP) with Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe SE (LMIE) trading as Liberty Specialty Markets, a member of the Liberty Mutual Insurance Group. LMIE's registered office: 5-7 rue Leon Laval, L-3372, Leudelange, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Registered Number B232280 (Registre de Commerce et des Sociétés). LMIE is a European public limited liability company and is supervised by the Commissariat aux Assurances and licensed by the Luxembourg Minister of Finance as an insurance and reinsurance company. In the event of insolvency make contact as soon as possible with IPP giving full details of what has happened. This insurance is only valid for packages booked and DOES NOT include flights. Consumer aware: This insurance is only valid for passengers who book and pay directly with/to Tracks and Trails Ltd. There is no requirement for Financial Protection of day trips, and none is provided.
8. Minimum Numbers: We reserve the right to cancel trips or activities where the minimum number of participants has not been reached. We will not cancel your trip less than 56 days (8 weeks) before your departure date, except where necessary due to Force Majeure*, FCDO travel advice, failure by you to provide adequate insurance cover for your chosen trip, or failure by you to pay the final balance due. *Force Majeure - Strikes, riots, acts of war or terrorism, disease outbreaks, government intervention, natural disasters or adverse/unusual weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances that may amount to Force Majeure.
9. Unavoidable Occurrences: Tracks and Trails Ltd does not accept liability for the consequences of strikes, riots, acts of war or terrorism, disease outbreaks, government intervention, natural disasters or adverse/unusual weather conditions. If such occurrences cause Tracks and Trails Ltd to cancel a trip we will endeavour to offer an alternative, but accept no liability for return of fees paid prior to cancellation or curtailment. Advice from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office to avoid or leave a particular country may constitute 'Force Majeure' or an unavoidable and extraordinary circumstance.
10. Client Cancellation: If you, the client, wish to cancel your booking you must notify Tracks and Trails Ltd in writing, whereupon the following charges will be applied from the date we receive your notice of cancellation: