Cross Country Skiing Scheduled Departures
Enjoy professional cross country ski tuition and guiding whether you are a beginner or just wanting to improve. Our Norwegian holidays are either track skiing or touring holidays. Choose from either hotel based or hut to hut touring where you experience a journey through vast open landscapes. Join a group of people with a similar sense of adventure and let us look after you this winter.
Our Norwegian tours are run in association with our partners in Nordic, Telemark & Alpine courses.
Trips are listed from Introductory level to Advanced 'track' skiing and then 'off track' skiing. Please contact us is you need help with what you are looking for.
A stunning introduction to Nordic ski touring with views to some of Norway's most famous mountain ranges, excellent hotel accommodation with spas, and your luggage transferred each day, what could be better?
North-west of the Olympic town of Lillehammer is the Peer Gynt Løype or trail, named after a local Norwegian hero, characterised into fiction by author Henrik Ibsen. Our tour skis the entire route in what is known as 'Peer Gynt Country'.
Skiing on entirely prepared ski trails we make our way from the Espedalsvatn fjord through a landscape of distant horizons, birch tree woodland, Norwegian farmsteads, and frozen lakes. If this is your first cross country ski trip in Norway be prepared to be blown away.
- Excellent historic hotels with spa facilities
- Luggage transferred while you ski
- Qualified Nordic Ski Instructor
- All meals included
- Single rooms available
- Transfers included from Oslo airport
The mountains in the 'World of Peer Gynt' offer ideal cross country skiing terrain. The stable inland climate ensures good snow conditions throughout the winter. Most of the route sits at around 1000m running through beautiful varied terrain. The ski style used is 'classic' cross-country ski technique entirely on prepared tracks which can be skied on 'waxable' or 'fish scale' skis.
The Trolls Trail or 'Troll-løypa' is a point-to-point cross country ski trip across the Rondane mountains of Norway. This 200km journey takes us through a beautiful landscape of frozen lakes, plateaux, and forests which gives the perfect environment for a multi-day adventure on cross country skis. We begin in the north at Høvringen in the Rondane National Park, and ski south to the Olympic town of Lillehammer. The terrain is not steep, but offers views of the bigger peaks in the area.
- Famous point-to-point tour in Norway
- From the Rondane mountains to the Olympic town of Lillehammer
- 200km through mountain terrain with some remote Arctic days
- Baggage transferred each day to next hotel
- Qualified Nordic Ski guide/instructor
This week is for Nordic skiers who are new to touring, or have done some touring and would like to improve and consolidate their skills. It offers top quality day tours with the benefit of a qualified instructor/leader who will be able to give coaching whilst ‘on the move’.
The terrain is quite gentle and the distances can be relatively short at the start of the week; usually up to 10 or 12km. The distance then gradually increases as the week progresses to give some ‘good days out’. Every day will include some coaching, and in this way we can ensure you will be confident and ready for the day ahead.
- Develop your Nordic ski touring technique, enjoy centre-based half and full-day tours
- Ideal skiing terrain of plateaus, hills and forest with the stunning backdrop of the Rondane mountains
- Comfortable and hospitable base to return to each day
- Ski coaching and day tours both on-track and off-track
For intermediate skiers there will be plenty of challenges; the week is ideal to refresh and consolidate skills and to develop experience and confidence in your off-track skiing – as well as having some excellent tours!
By the end of the week skiers of all levels will have the satisfaction of having completed several good day tours in untracked snow. You'll also have developed your skiing and confidence to new levels while having enjoyed fantastic views across the valley to the Jotunheim mountains or towards the Rondane. The experience will also prepare you for more ambitious day tours and/or hut-to-hut tours in the future!
TWO WEEK COMBO
Consider a two week trip! Combine with either the Jotenheim Traverse or Peer Gynt Trail for a superb 2 week Nordic experience; develop skills & confidence the 1st week, put it into practice the 2nd week!
This trip is for cross country skiers who wish to develop their touring and Nordic downhill skills to be able to do more ambitious journeys in future. We begin in Geilo which is small and picturesque with many buildings of typical Norwegian style. It is set in scenic, wooded surroundings, close to a lake and provides us wtih 130km of prepared tracks. The slopes on either side rise to plateaux then mountains beyond. Then on day five we take the train to Finse where it is often possible to ski straight off the station platform! We spend the rest of the trip touring in an arctic landscape of snowy hills and glacier comprising a mix of day and/or multi-day tours, with coaching, amongst an awe-inspiring, Arctic landscape of snowy hills & glaciers.
- 3 Days of Intensive instruction, developing confidence and experience on Nordic skis
- Instruction and guiding on piste and experience hut to hut touring
- 4 Days touring from Finse, an awe-inspiring Arctic landscape of hills and glaciers
- Excellent preparation for more ambitious hut to hut tours in Norway
The Jotunheim region of Norway boasts a dramatic landscape. Home to Norway's highest mountain, the Galdhöpiggen (2469m), this majestic rocky mountain range is home to superb Nordic touring with an almost Alpine feel.
This tour follows a classic south to north route providing a great way of skiing through this quieter area between the popular Hardangervidda and Finse area to the the well-known Jotunheim. The tour ends at one of best and most important lodges of the northern Jotunheim having skied passed some of the most dramatic peaks in the country.
Enjoy a nice balance of staffed lodges and self-service lodges – with a charming farmhouse style guest house at the start! The self-service huts are a delight and set in remote and very quiet locations and the staffed lodges provide islands of ‘luxury’ to enjoy.
- 5 days of hut-to-hut touring and a 1-day tour
- Captivating peaks and plateaus
- Challenging distances with less technical ups and downs!
- Stay in traditional Norwegian cabins
- Join the Skarvheimen region with the rarely-visited plateau country of the Filfjell then onto craggy peaks of the Jotunheim
- Ski around the Galdhöpiggen, Norway’s highest peak & glacier
- A Nordic hut-to-hut tour with a real ‘crescendo’!
TWO WEEK COMBO
Consider a two week trip! Combine with our Venabu week for a superb 2 week Nordic experience; develop skills & confidence the 1st week, put it into practice the 2nd week!
Join us in Norway for the legendary ‘Heroes of Telemark’ ski tour. We follow the route of the extraordinary raid involving Norwegian and British servicemen to sabotage the heavy water atomic plant near Rjukan, Norway in 1943.
This Nordic skiers 'must do' tour is designed for our 'Advanced Nordic Tourers' wishing to not only absorb the historic events but also complete a challenging & remote tour in the footsteps of our Heroes of Telemark.
- Retrace the routes of the raid & visit the remote hideouts on the plateau where the servicemen hid
- See the site of the sabotage of the heavy water plant & visit the Vemork Museum
- Ride the cable-car to the plateau and follow the escape route across the Hardanger Plateau
- Complete a point-to-point tour across the northern Hardangervidda (plateau)
- 7.5 days skiing in this Arctic wilderness
- Ski wide open spaces with extensive views to hills and icecaps beyond
Trip status explained...
Places Available - you can book on this trip, but it is still to reach the minimum number required
Trip Guaranteed - the minimum numbers have been reached and the trip will run
Limited Availability - this trip is definitely running, and there are only a few places left - book now!
Trip Closed - we are no longer taking bookings for this trip